Sunday, April 19, 2009

The cutie wants to say something cute


"Hmmm...What Descartes overlooked was that he had undermined his argument by actually presupposing the existence of 'I' (as in "I think")--furthermore, he failed to explain the supposition that whatever thinks, exists! But where to go from here? The argument for non-existence is problematic at best."


"Mom, do we exist?"


A rare warm & windy day after some major rain storms. The two biggest surprises? Worms for the taking!

And an impromptu lake right by our house, complete with duck visitors! Note to duck visitors: If you do not let us pet you, we will pursue you in our frog boots (which are waterproof and enable us to walk across impromptu lakes).



Dunking herself repeatedly in the bath and proclaiming "I'm just baptizing!" Technically, June, you're right. Our term "to baptize" comes from the Greek "baptizĂ´" meaning to dip, plunge, or submerge! Knowledge! Aside from baptizing herself, her favorite bath activity is for me to spell out some words and for Junie to sound them out. Today she read her first words: "FOX" and "HOT"!

Juniper's two favorite fuzzy bears.

We visited Tim & Hillary in Pittsburgh, and it was the first time someone said "Olive is big!" without patronizing her. She looked like a giant compared to her premature twin cousins, Lily & Sara.

Two Pittsburgh monkeys hanging around! (Nothing wrong with going for the easy pun, my friends!) Junie loved spending time with all her cousins but especially Rachel, who is just a few months older than her.

The gymnastics bus made a stop in the village recently. This is a converted school bus that has all kinds of soft structures to play on--perfect for a place where kids have to stay indoors for most of the year. Somersaults!

We'll leave you with this recent episode in our ongoing series, conversations with a two year old:
Junie: They are doing a silly thing over there. I don't know what they're doing over there.

Dad: They're having a gardening kick-off.

Junie: Oh! They're having a jellybean cook-off!

5 comments:

Jesse Christopherson said...

I look forward to Julian's first cute sentences. I can only hope they're as interesting as his cousin's.

Cody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick said...

You guys have the funniest posts.

Today this was my conversation with Logan in the backyard:

Logan: "Mama, I made you some lunch"

He hands me a bowl full of small rocks and a spoon

Me: "Mmmm, Logan, this is really good"

Logan: "Yeah, I put some salt in it"

Me: "I can tell you put some salt in, it tastes really good"

Logan: "Yeah, I put some some salt because I am your Father"

I think we might have been using the famous Star Wars phrase a little too often around here...

Jennie said...

The best part about Junie's comment is that she wasn't joking about the jellybean cookoff. She really thought that's where we were headed, and she was pretty excited.

One great thing about talking kids is that they're full of surprises. I'm sure Julian will keep you entertained.

Funny story, Moshi!

Rick said...

How about a blog update? I want to see pictures of the cuties.