Thursday, January 1, 2009

An Olive is born.

Not the whole story, but some snapshots:

Walking over to exercise at 8:00, Jennie said “What if she comes tonight?” I said she won't, can't. I'm not ready. We got home at 9. Jennie had started feeling contractions around 10pm and we started keeping track about 11:30. Jennie asked me to take the baby monitor up to our neighbors just in case. We tried to go to bed at midnight when the contractions seemed to stop being so regular. After a few minutes, Jennie got up. After another hour of contractions, we shrugged and decided that we might as well call the hospital and go in. I still sort of thought we'd be headed home in a few hours.

Olive Mae was born just before 3 am on Dec. 30. The last nurse left us about 5:00 and I asked her to wake me up at 7:00 so I could get home before Junie woke up.

First picture of Olive.

I got home about 7:30 and Junie woke up at 7:45. On the drive to the hospital I asked Junie if she was going to sing the baby a song. She said yes. When I asked her which song she would sing she answered “I am a child of God.” When we got to the room, we saw Jennie and the first thing Junie said was “Where baby sister?” Junie held her and gave her gentle kisses.

We did not practice that song and we did not prompt her to sing it.

When Olive was leaving the hospital, Junie was the most excited she's ever been. She led the procession down the 400 ft hallway. Jennie held Olive and a nurse pushed them both in a wheelchair. I held the bags. Junie ran about 10 feet ahead of us shouting “yay yay yay, yay yay yay, yay yay yay” the entire way.


3 comments:

Felton Family said...

Congrats Jenni and Cody. So glad to see your new little one, and the song was precious as Juniper held her sister. Hope all continues to go well. I keep checking your blog to see how your family is doing:) Carolyn(room mate in Utah)

Keele Family said...

Congrats Christophersons!!! I can't believe Junie is such a good big sister already!! We miss you guys! Happy New Year!

Rick said...

One of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life!